2014 Results are upClick here to see 2014 results.
The Tiger Trot Challenge 5k Run/Walk. A 5k timed race to support the children of District 102. Come out and help raise money for Marquette Elementary, Rogers Elementary, and Georgetown Middle Schools.
Improve your fitness and support the kids: Sign up on Race day starting at 7:30AM at Marquette Elementary
Course: The race will start in between Independence Park and Marquette Elementary and wind around the city of Marquette Heights. Click here for course map & info
Date: April 26th 2014
Place: Marquette Elementary/Independence Park
100 Joliet Road, Marquette Heights
$30.00 - After April 12.
$5 discount for no t-shirt
Sign up in person on Saturday morning.
Race starts near Marquette Elementary
100 Joliet Rd,
Marquette Heights, IL 61554
On Saturday Packet pickup will be in the pavilion at Independence Park, across from Marquette Elementary
Saturday, April 26 7:30-8:45AM
Race begins at 9:00AM sharp on April 26
Now an Illinois Valley Striders Grand Prix Series Race
We guarantee a great race experience. With professional timing by the Illinois Valley Striders, Tech T-shirts, and lots of awards.
- Moisture Wicking/Tech T-Shirt guaranteed to all racers pre-registered on or before April 12th.
- Awards to 1st, 2nd and now 3rd overall and to 1st & 2nd place in each 5 year age group. (more info)
- Professional timing by the Illinois Valley Striders
- Results posted online here, on IVS.org, and at Athlinks.com (our results page)
- Door prizes drawings after the race for all participants still present.
- 1/4 mile children's race at the conclusion of the event. Free entry ! Sign up at packet pick up.
Directions to race:
From the north and west:
Take I-474 east to Exit 9. Turn right onto Illinois Route 29. Immediately get into the left lane and turn left onto Lasalle Blvd at the traffic light. Follow Lasalle Blvd to the intersection with Joliet Rd, where you will see the elementary school.
From the south and east:
Take I-474 west to Exit 9. Turn left onto Illinois Route 29. Immediately get into the left lane and turn left onto Lasalle Blvd at the second traffic light. Follow Lasalle Blvd to the intersection with Joliet Rd, where you will see the elementary school.
Parking is available at the Elementary school in the teachers parking lot, as well as to the northeast of the school in the parking lots for Independence Park.